Time Is Money HistoryTime Is Money Details | Screen Shots | Why Buy
- No known problems.
What's New in 1.9.10?
- Export to database caused the application to crash.
- Does not ask to select a dataset if only one defined.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.9
- Status report for clipboard needs total cost at end.
- Both Billing Summary reports calculate the minutes wrong in the main section.
- Longer strings in fields on screen. Also made some fields larger in the tables.
- Added some missing help topics
- If evaluation time runs out, can still execute the program from the prompt dialog.
- Added capability to Manage dbsets
- Create new project based on existing one.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.8
- Category is related to Projects. Allow many categories to be associated with a project. Filter category list when project is selected (in Modify Timeslot and Reports dialogs). If project ID is invalid or doesn't have categories associated with it, show the whole list of categories.
- Add a help topic for backup and export.
- Calendar should display start of week same as selected in preferences. So if Monday selected, start calendar on Monday.
- Enhanced support for multiple database sets. Datasets can be selected through a selection dialog and are tracked using a new table.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.7
- If valid filename not specified for export and import, the program crashes.
- Typing over the numbers in the Edit Timeslot dialog is ignored.
- Using keys to select items in the category dropdown on the Edit Timeslot screen does not change the rate to the category's corresponding rate.
- If change a timeslot that has overlapped into the next day, the date of the punchin changes to the next day after editing.
- Better formatting of some reports.
- Allow user to change the PunchIn time and still stay punched in.
- Use the selected date format in forms such as the preferences dialog and anywhere else that a date is entered.
- Added Backup Now item on File menu
- Added print button to print preview window.
- New additional module (at extra cost): Add ability to track expenses.
- Make the calendar window (totalsbar) wider to add more space for project names.
- Added weekly view in the list view pane.
- Put a button to enter the unlock code on the nag screen.
- If running and computer's date changes to the next day, change the working date if not punched in
Fixes/Features in 1.9.6
- Program complains unlock code is invalid but takes it anyway.
- Full timesheet and billing status reports always display 24 hour, even if 12 hour time display is selected.
- Logo in invoice does not display.
- Bottom panel doesn't sort times correctly. 12PM is out of order.
- Punch Out menu is not being enabled.
- Add support for entering unlock code even if program has expired.
- Add a preference so user can select to default the Minutes Increment value to :01.
- Add option to select the order of what gets displayed first.
- Database Manager - purge all records with a certain status(es).
- Add a "Check For Updates" link to the program. Point it to the products page. Bring up a dialog stating the program version and a cancel and go button. The Go button brings up the web page.
- Add a default hourly rate to the timeslots preferences. This will only be used when there is no category. So this rate is displayed when the timeslot is initialized unless a default category is selected. Also use this rate when <none> is selected as category.
- If right click on an empty timeslot and we are punched in, the Punch Out menus should enable if the timeslot is greater than the punch in time.
- The project and category reports to sort by name. User report is sorted by last name.
- Fixed the dead links in help file - added more content.
- Added capability to export to XML (TIM Online) files.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.5
- Cost Analysis & Invoice reports only show billable hours.
- You can now enter a rate for a timeslot. The reports use this rate when calculating costs. The rate from the category is used as the default value when filling in the rate in the timeslot.
- The program creates a system tray icon when minimized and works similar to the mini window.
- Added Punch In/Out to system menu so it will be available when minimized and right click on the task bar.
- The main Billable default setting can be overridden by a value placed in the project.
- The Punch In Now button on the MiniWindow will punch into today's date even if the current working date is other than today. In other words, the MiniWindow Punch In Now button will force the working date to today's date.
- BILLABLE status dialog is easier to use.
- Support date format in regional settings.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.4
- Print preview for all reports is formatted better.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.3
- Cost Analysis & Invoice reports now show only billable hours.
- Can now enter unlock code manually.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.2
- Editing or deleting a memorized report causes memorized report information to be lost.
- Invoice report does not display the correct calculations after the second time it is run.
- Import function for TIM Online files in XML.
- Allow user to check off what hours have been invoiced and which have been paid. New report to show billable hours.
Fixes/Features in 1.9.1
- After initial install, report dialog has no output type selected. This causes problems with printing. Change the program so something gets defaulted there.
- Add a bug report and suggestion page to the web site and add links to them in the Help menu.
- Fix the punch out resolution problem. If a user punches out with a small timeslot, the program doesn't know he punched out.
- Swap the next and previous buttons in the toolbar so it's more intuitive.
- Fix the invoice report so the logo shows up.
- Add a menu item that brings the user to the web site.
- Make the * button on the timeslot dialog bring up manage projects dialog. Same for the menu.
- Put some menu items in the Help menu to go to some online links.
- Category and user lists on the timeslot dialog are sorted.
- Add a 'screen' option to the output section of the Reports dialog. This just forces the 'Print' button to be disabled.
- Make project dropdown on timeslot dialog be the noneditable type like category and user. Add the <none> option.
- Use an icon to show punch in/out status of timeslots - in lower section.
- When create a timeslot, warn the user with a message if the current user is not set to the user in the new timeslot. The new timeslot will not show up because it is filtered out.
Fixes/Features in 1.9
- If change default project in Time Slots tab of Preferences, the Apply button doesn't enable.
- Import wasn't filtering by user. CopyTimeslotFile needed to filter by user.
- Major fixes for import/export.
- Project & category report didn't format the hours:minutes correctly.
- Deleting or modifying projects and categories didn't update the screen.
- Modify User didn't strip ending spaces off data when display it.
- Manage Users didn't update the user list if default name is not checked. It now updates when any change is made.
- Import/Export dialog calendar buttons didn't display the dates correctly.
- Calendar in edit timeslot/change date and time menu/change working date does not display correct date.
- Import and export now supports the users table.
- The calendar shows the dates which have timeslots in them by highlighting them in grey.
- Added a preference tab to setup company logo and company name and address for the invoice report.
- Added seven new reports. Invoice, Billable hours by project, Billable hours by Month, Category List, User List, Project List and Cost Analysis.
- Import defaults the path to the last one used.
- Timeslots can be viewed on 6 minute intervals. (1/10 of an hour)
- The Memo dialog has a check box so you can stop it from being displayed.
Fixes/Features in 1.8.2
- Two reports had a calculation bug.
- Entering time in punchout dialog doesn't work for AM/PM, it gets stuck on AM.
- When change default user, the display is now updated to show only records for that user.
- After import, display how many records imported and how many overlaps skipped.
- Do not allow overlapping entries in timeslots when import. Common records are not copied.
- Do spanning days better. If leave program on overnight, working date is changed. The current timeslot is punched out and a new one is created for the next day.
- Add a user column to the upper section. There is a new user preference as to whether this column is displayed.
- Added a signature line for employee and supervisor on the TimeSheet report.
- Added a button on Modify dialog to set the punchout time to NOW.
- Added a menu item to do the copy of the Key file to the install directory.
- Made the status bar list taller.
- All modifications to default/current user update the display correctly.
- Widened the select lists for projects and categories
- Add a 'hidden' field to users, projects and categories. This will hide them in the selection dropdowns. They are still active for reports, etc.
- Put a dropdown for 'current user' in the button bar.
- Change 'Default User' in Preferences to 'Current User'. Change the '<none>' option to '<all>'. This makes it clearer as to what the function is.
Fixes/Features in 1.8.1
- Fixed error in Punch Out At Midnight feature where it didn't update the minutes field.
- Fixed the backup code so it doesn't ask you 5 times to copy the file.
New Bonus Item:
- Created a Microsoft Access database with the reports. Anyone with MS Access can create/modify their reports. You must get this from the downloads section of our website.
- Added a user column in the lower section so an admin can determine who the timeslots belong to.
- Added logging capability for troubleshooting.
- Added a Today button on the button bar.
- After set minimum user interaction, the window is minimized.
- DBMAN: added support for the USER and REPORT files when do a cleanup.
- DBMAN: added support for the user field when searching for overlap records.
Fixes/Features in 1.8
- Allow users to specify data directory - default it to 'data' under the installation directory. User can 'move' the data files.
- Allow user to type numbers in edit controls that time is entered into.
- Add option to backup files when exiting. Put them in a subdirectory under the install directory if not specified by user. Allow user to specify backup directory.
- Added support for user names in the data files.
- Added simulated multi-user support. See the multiusr.txt file.
- Added network support. See the multiusr.txt file.
- Reports use regional setting for currency, decimal point and number separator.
- Add capability to display elapsed times in either hour.fraction or hour:minutes format.
Fixes/Features in 1.7
- Don't allow more than one instance of the program to run.
- Data files were getting corrupted. Changed to always close files after done with them.
- Fixed up help file.
- Punch Window tab in Preferences didn't bring up help topic
- Update lower section when punch in.
- Fixed PunchIn Now window position problem in NT.
- Work week tab in Preferences didn't enable Apply button.
- Reports didn't work in both panes.
- Added two new toolbar buttons to go forward or backward one day on the calendar.
- Added support for memorized reports and custom header.
- Allow automatic punch out at midnight if out time is less than in time and date is next day.
- Changed layout of report menu.
- Enabled output combo box in report dialog.
- Added Punch Out/In button to Totals bar.
- New method of registration detection.
Fixes/Features in 1.5
- Fixed Summary w/Percentages report - if an odd number of days was chosen, the last even day has old data in it. Now nothing is printed on the last even day if no data.
- Billable default setting did not work - billable was not set when create new timeslots.
- When resolution is set to 15 minutes, if create a small timeslot (i.e. 4:30 PM to 5:00 PM) the display was too large. This works now.
- Added setting so that the main interface could be the miniwindow. Also added an option to default the punch in stuff and not ask user. Same for the memo.
- Added status and timesheet reports.
- Added ability to import TIM32 data.
- Added punch button on the totals bar.
- Added elapsed time in the lower section.
- The clipboard report is much faster.
- Added warning if exit app and still punched in.
- Allow the application to be closed from the Mini Window. (Added a little X button like the other small button).
- If hover over a timeslot, give a clue in the form of a popup tip, if not punched in, display a short message on how to punch in.
- Most reports have the ability to print to the clipboard.
- Installation checks if TIM is already running and does not allow install if it's running.
- Added another bonus program: peekdata.
- DBMAN: added capability to reindex all files.
- DBMAN - if no incomplete records are found, display 'No incomplete records' string in the list box.
- DBMAN - purge timeslots function allows copying or moving timeslots to another file.
Fixes in 1.0
- This is a brand new release.
New features compared to the Windows 3.x version:
- We have changed the UI in this Windows95/98 version.
- More reports have been added.
- You can punch out and immediately punch back in.